Tuesday 7 January 2014

filofax Durham deluxe leather personal organiser

I believe that this organiser is perhaps one of the best that has ever been produced by filofax.
In both Personal & A5  size the Durham offers all the storage one could need, combined with a zip closure to keep contents safe, an external popper secured sleeve/pocket for quick access of documents or smart phone. All packaged in a soft, durable deluxe leather that should last for many years.
Both sizes are equipped with 30mm rings, yes even on the personal size, so there is plenty of room for your papers etc.

Filofax obviously recognize that this design works well, due to the similarity of later personal size models like the Guildford zip, Cuban Zip and the Holborn zip, however arguably none of those feel quite so special as the Durham.

Although they are becoming quite sought after the Durham can still be found on ebay very occasionally and would suit anyone who requires great versatility from their personal organiser. I have seen the a personal Durham fetch over £50 upon ebay (well worth it), but an A5 version in very good condition could cost as much as £100 at auction.



1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more as I have an A5 Durham zip which is superior in its overall quality to the Guildford zip in personal size that I also own. Based on this, I have fetched a Durham zip in personal size in a used but otherwise great condition from Ebay. Now, I am looking forward to its arrival whilst being happy to getting my hands on this great vintage model.

    ReplyDelete